International Coaching week – Project Coaching
The upcoming week is nominated international coaching week – many interesting events will take place
The author will attend annual meeting of the International Network for Organization Development and Coaching (INOC) come together to learn from each other, share insights and develop international approaches and methods for organization development and coaching.
The INOC meeting was hosted and organized by isb Wiesloch in cooperation with DBVC.
We thought it a perfect timing to periodically refresh our ideas about Project coaching.
Project coaching helps solving problems caused by issues like:
- Project teams are often formed at short notice
- High pressure because of time restrictions and unrealistic targets
- Teams arranged by qualification and availability only
Conflicts in the team are inevitable! – It clashes after a short period of time. Project goals seem unachievable. Budgets will not be met. Frustration arises.
That has happened:
- A project team, a new temporary system within an existing organization, needs to interact between different roles and stakeholders
- The project team needs to learn how the new project roles are and to interact with common environment/organization
- Project objectives are often not clearly agreed and communicated
- Communication problems occur
Coaches provide project management knowledge and help with the management of crisis. They help to bring up transparency on different perspectives, interests and needs of and for all project members.